Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rice Krispies + Butter + Marshmallows + Chocolate/Peanut Butter = .....

REESE'S RICE KRISPIE TREATS!!!! That's right. On Wednesday after work, Chelsie and I made our first treat in a rice cooker that I had to scrub for a good 5 minutes prior to us using it. Step by step, here we gooooooo.....
Chelsie was the mixer, I was the ingredient adder
First we started with melting our marshmallows and butter
Then we added the chocolate/peanut butter mixture (I added a giant dollop extra when Chelsie said just a little bit hahahaha)
Then add the rice krispies (found in the foreign food section of the supermarket)
   
Scrrraaaaaaaapppppeeeeeeee the treats into the bowl
Chelsie: "I could just suck on this spoon alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day" hahahahaha
I figured my dad would be proud of me for this picture: I'm eating the treats with a knife....kinda like how he eats ice cream with a knife :)
Well, then we sat on the couch and watched a movie and scooped our treats out of the bowl. Yeah, we're still in celebration mode....working out can wait a few days :) 
Last night we went to watch "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" at the foreign book store. It turned out to be an "open air screening".....meaning we watched the movie on the roof of the book store and it was projected onto a big concrete wall. I got a legit bacon cheeseburger with fries and Chelsie got a turkey sandwich! Both of which were incredibly Western-tasting and delish. It was kind of awesome! 
Also, I learned how to say "Can I pet your dog?" in Chinese: wo neng mou mou ni de guo ma? Yessssssssssss. Now I'm all set. :)
One more thing: The hall light that lights up our front porch area so we can unlock the door is sound-activated. So usually we just clap or bang on the wall or something to turn it on. But now we've decided to try different sounds and see which ones work best. Last night Chelsie growled (it was more like a ROAR) and it definitely worked. We almost peed our pants laughing. 

1 comment:

  1. why you no make these when we live together last year?

    ReplyDelete