Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Faves Day 1

Since I am leaving Wuhan on Monday, I have decided to bring my camera to work with me every day so I can take pictures with all my favorite babes :)
First up is Cheng Cheng. She is the cutie who calls me Pisa Lǎoshī. She isn't very smiley but I promise she does love me.....she regularly grabs my hand and takes me with her everywhere she goes.

Next up is Chuen Chuen. He is at the center almost every day. His smile is the cutest thing EVER, but unfortunately he was being a little grumpy today.....
We also have Meng Meng, who is Mr. O's daughter. She is usually the most smiley thing and will get a big ol' grin on her face whenever she sees me but, as seemed to be the trend today, she was slightly grumpy. Candy got a cute picture with her though:

And then there's Quan Quan. The first time he came to class, his mom looked like she was pissed the whole time and I was really worried that she was going to hate me the whole time I was here. BUT now every time she sees me she smiles and tells Quan Quan to say hi to me! He isn't a very expressive kiddo but he is so good in class all the time and always says hi and bye to me. I also love that EVERY art project we do that involves paint, his mom will paint his hand and have him put his handprint on it. So cute :) He was a little grumpy today too and didn't want to take a picture at all so we had to pretend to give him a Rompy stamp just to get him to stop freaking out.....he caught us hahahaha
Last but not least for today we have Yang Yang. He is one of the older kiddos and is such a great helper. Not only does he help me put the lids on all the instrument bins during class, he also will help Candy and I clean up after whatever class is before his - he puts the knobby balls back in the bag, will collect baby toys and put them in the bin, and basically knows where everything goes just as well as I do. He was also the only child to smile for a picture with me today :)
For his picture with Candy he started with a  normal smile that just got bigger and bigger and more ridiculous and by the time the picture took, he looked like this:
More faves to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment