Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last Tuesday in Wuhan

Today was my last Tuesday in Wuhan and I chose to celebrate this by heading to the mall....this proved to be easier said than done. The first cab driver I got didn't know where it was, despite the directions I handed him. The second cab driver seemed to have an idea where to go but about 10 kuai into the ride he handed me the phone and an English-speaking Chinese woman on the other end told me I needed to switch cabs. Holy cow. So the guy pulls over and motions to the cab that has just stopped behind us. I had no idea what was going on but he seemed like a nice guy so I paid him and headed to the other cab. This guy took one look at the directions and I asked him "hao, bo hao?" (it translates to "good, no good" but it's essentially the equivalent of asking: is it okay?) and he said hao (good, or okay), so we were on our way. He took sort of a round-about way but we got there eventually. I was sooooooooo happy to curl up on a Starbucks chair with a delish vanilla latte and my current book: Little Women. I'm entranced by this book.
Love my nook!
After about an hour and a half of reading I headed to H&M to do some shopping therapy. Unfortunately there just wasn't anything that caught my fancy there and I was a bit bummed heading out of the store. Then as I was walking past another store a sign for a shoe sale caught my eye. Now I may be the kind of girl who wears my rainbow sandals 364 days of the year, but for that one other day I like to have a decent selection of heels to choose from. So in I went. None of the heels were too awesome, but just for fun I decided to try on a pair of low-heeled boots.....and fell in love. For 129 kuai, they were a steal.
I guess somewhere in me there is a little bit of a country girl trying to get out.
Dinner time rolled around and brought with it a bit of a shameful indulgence: McDonald's. It was so disgustingly delicious. I am ashamed, but I have to post photographic evidence so I myself will actually believe this happened when I look back on it......
I also got a scarf at the same place that I got the shoes, and it is pictured here with the guitar that I bought a couple days after I got here. I have yet to really learn anything about playing the guitar....turns out trying to learn the guitar is more frustrating and disheartening when you're lonely. Perhaps I will try more when I get back to Beijing and Chelsie can encourage me :)
As this is my last week in Wuhan, I am going to take my camera to work with me every day and get pictures of my favorite kiddos. I have lots here and I'm actually going to be sad to leave them - they have captured my heart in a way that the city itself was not able to do....



No comments:

Post a Comment