Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Presents

Rumor has it that all the instructors who have come to Wuhan before me brought some sort of present on their last day. Chelsie brought a giant tin of cookies. I wasn't going to be the jerk who brought nothing so I went to the store last night and got a couple buckets of mini snickers bars and gave them to the office staff this morning. This prompted a very heart-felt goodbye from the marketing girls (and boy) and my bosses. They said they would miss me and one even said that although we have only known each other for a little bit, I am his first foreigner friend and he will remember me forever. All this for a bucket of snickers! It was even more awesome because I could tell they had rehearsed what they said to me - they don't really speak English. It was incredibly sweet.
Also, today, Cheng Cheng kept popping in the office just to look at me and then run away. Finally after scampering away like 20 times, she came up to me and handed me this:
I didn't know what it was (although I assumed it was fruit) or what to do with it so I said thanks and set it on my desk. Cheng Cheng gave one to Snow (my boss) and Candy and they showed me how to open it - by squeeeeeeeeeeezing it! Inside it looked like this:
That white stuff is the fruit, which I ate, and it was really slimy which is a texture issue for me, but it was also pretty good.
Tonight I'm heading to the river/snack street to grab my favorite things once more before I leave. And then tomorrow I will be playing tour guide to the new girls who get here and then hopping on a plane at 8:30 and will probably get back to my apartment in Wangjing around midnight. Cross your fingers and hope that I can tell a cab driver where to go if they don't know the address of my apartment that Bella sent!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wo yao chu WangJing Qiao - Wo zhu cai futong xi da jie! =) You CAN DO IT!

    I can't believe I will see you tomorrow. I am going to try EXTRA hard to stay up late enough to see you for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete