Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Goodbye Wuhan, HELLO BEIJING!!!!

Yesterday I left Wuhan. That's all, it's not even worth saying any more. I will miss Candy and a few of the kiddos, but that's about it. Candy said she will be coming to Beijing to visit and that makes me very happy :)
 Now, on to today. Holy cow it was sooooooooooooooo great to FINALLY be with my roomie!!! I woke up and when I registered that I was, in fact, in my bed in Beijing....my heart actually fluttered. Seriously. We had such an amazing day. We both slept in a little, and when I woke up I got right to work moving my stuff into my room. I was tired of waiting to feel settled in China and it was going to happen today. The day went like this: moving in, lunch at our favorite dumpling restaurant, donuts, cold stone, shopping for household supplies and groceries and spending wwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much money, coming back to the apartment and finishing moving in and arranging my room, and finally dinner at the amazing Indian restaurant that Chelsie discovered in the foreigner hub of town that is only 4 bus stops away from us, and finally a mango for dessert to cap off the day. We decided the calories didn't count today because we were celebrating. Photographic evidence of my best day in China thus far:
Roomie!!

I'm so classy and attractive at ALL times

My bed and cute little nightstand! Don't make fun of the sheets, China has a limited selection....

Closet full of mystery.....

Closet full of clothes! I feel so organized and accomplished

Side of  my room with my favorite drawing in the world of me and my mom, my coconut lion, my calendar, my guitar, and one of the posters my kids made me for graduation :)

Little side nook

Chelsie's room. She drew that naked lady picture!

Dining room: love the happy yellow-ness!!

The itty bitty kitchen where many culinary wonders will be happening....hopefully

Living room with a cool painting and lamp that were left behind by the previous owners of this apartment....thanks!

View from the front door

Going up the stairs to our "hallway" (a curtain that separates Chelsie's room from the closets haha)

Indian food for dinner! My belly is sooooo full and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment