Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pisa Lǎoshī


This is what one of the little girls at the Wuhan center has started calling me, because my name is too hard for her to say. Every time she comes to the center she asks everybody "Pisa Lǎoshī?" until somebody leads her to me. I love it. There's not much to report about today, other than some regular, every-day things that added up to make a pretty good day.....
Today:
*I woke up to an email from Cody.
*I talked to Cody AND my mom on skype before going to work.
*2 moms started breastfeeding in the middle of class
*I ate delicious green beans for lunch
*My countdown of how many days until I return to Beijing went to single digits
*A new little boy was so obsessed with me that he literally climbed on me like a monkey in the middle of class and didn't want anybody else in the gym with us when we were playing after class. He kept telling his mom and dad and Candy to go away. Hahahahahahahahaha.
*I watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy
*I made a playlist of songs that will be used for Grey's Anatomy-esk dance parties.
*I saw 2 small children "cheers" their sippy cups
*I peed in my squat toilet without peeing on my feet

Yep, I'd say today was a decent day.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name Pisa! How flippin cute?! And- I am so happy about our Meredith and Christina dance parties. I can't wait to hear the playlist. Also, I am mad at myself for not going to East Lake! It looks so pretty!! Annnnnnd- I am glad you did not pee on your feet :) Great job squatting!

    ReplyDelete