Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

What's for dinner?

Cake. That's what's for dinner. Last night after a seriously long week, Chelsie and I went to our coffee shop (yes, we've dubbed it ours) and decided that we should just have cake and coffee (or a vanilla milkshake for me) for dinner. It was a most excellent choice. Sometimes following the rules is just stupid.
Last night I also acquired a new wallet. Come to find out, there's a bargain market right around the corner from our apartment and favorite Indian restaurant. I've decided that bargaining can be so much more fun and a lot less stressful if you just laugh about it. Everybody involved knows it's a ridiculous process and yet we all engage in it anyways. I bought a new watch and a wallet. The girl I bought my wallet from was priceless. I was having trouble deciding between 2 wallets and she said "This one matches your purse, this is the one" and I said "you know, I think you're right"....and the bargaining began. She started at 150, I started at 40. She went down to 145, I went up to 42. I kept saying "how about......" so she came back with "how about......one three nine". We were both laughing and at one point she used the wallet as a telescope to look through. I ended up paying 50. This is the kind of bargaining I like, and I think under different circumstances we could have been great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment