Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cute When Angry

Today we went out for lunch because we were tired of sitting in the office. After lunch we went to 7-11 to get some ice cream. I chose an ice cream bar that I thought was going to be 1.70 because that's what the price said.....but when the girl rang it up it was 7.50! I got angry and said "Tài guìle" (too expensive!) and stormed over to the ice cream bin only to discover that it was the right price, the price tag just wasn't anywhere near the correct place. So I bought it and was okay with the stupidly expensive price because it was pretty delicious. After this whole ordeal Yogi told me that I'm so cute when I'm angry and speak Chinese. I don't want to look cute when I'm angry.....Chelsie consoled me by saying that she would not have chosen the word "cute" to describe me angry.....maybe something more like menacing. Thanks Chels.
When we got back to the office we decided upon our word for the word wall today (have I explained about the word wall? I can't remember if I have, so here it is: every few days Chelsie and I choose something that we want to learn in Chinese and Vivian writes it up for us and puts it up on the wall. It's awesome).....today I decided we needed to learn "That's stupid!" And here it is: Tài chǔnle (太蠢了). I think we will be using this now to express our feelings in certain situations. Little did we know what we were starting by asking to learn this......Vivian and Yogi had different ways to say it and ended up arguing (playfully) about it. But then Vivian said "YOU are stupid" to Yogi and Yogi responded with "You are stupid as a pig"......a sort of name-calling wrestling match ensued and ended with Vivian getting Yogi in a choke hold and Yogi saying "Okay okay, you are clever".....and then Vivian let her go and Yogi added "as a pig". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I love the girls I work with, they're so much fun and cheer me up even after I have a bratty kid in class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment