Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Are you sure she's only 2?

There was a little girl named Chen Chen in one of my classes on Sunday who was absolutely adorable (just like pretty much all the other kids....) Anyways, after class we were playing out in the lobby and we started building with the blocks. Let me give you some context so you can fully appreciate what I'm going to show you. Most kids that play with the blocks here build for about a minute or so and end up with maybe a couple blocks stacked on top of each other with a bridge connecting them. Sometimes they get the triangles or cylinders involved but still, the buildings are never more than 1 or 2 blocks high. After a few minutes I realized that Chen Chen was strategically building something and I just sat back and watched in amazement and fascination. She clearly had a design in her head and executed it beautifully. Somewhere along the line a younger baby came along and started messing with the blocks. Instead of freaking out like most kiddos would, Chen Chen let the baby do whatever and then she would just build that part back up. I was fascinated. Here is the finished product:
She was a little camera-shy :) This is with no help from me, except for a few blocks on the bottom. I asked Bella if we were sure this girl was only between 2 and 3 years old because this blew my mind. She is going to be an architect some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment