Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Best $8.92 Ever Spent

I still have to finish my post about homemade dumplings, and I have an awesome post yet to write about the Great Wall today, but for now you all will have to be content with a post about my foot massage tonight. After we got back from the Wall my feet were just a bit tired and I decided that a foot massage was in order. Conveniently, there's a massage place in my apartment building and Tina (Chelsie's mom's friend for those of you who are not up to speed) got a foot massage there earlier and reported back that it was heavenly. When I asked her how long the massage was she said an hour and I found myself in utter disbelief. I mean, what could these people possibly do to my feet that would take a whole hour. Golly gee wiz I was shocked and amazed at what my massage man did to my feet. I don't even know how to describe it.....every single part of your foot that has ever ached - he massaged it. I was reading a book at first but I just had to put it down and enjoy the heaven that was happening with my tootsies haha. He tried to tell me what a couple of the spots were supposed to make feel better (nose, temple, sinus), but he probably figured I had no idea what he was saying when my response each time was "ooohhhh" so he stopped. After quite a long while he left the room and I assumed this meant I was done. Oooooh boy was I wrong. He came back and saw me getting ready to leave and told me (in Chinese) that I was not in fact finished. So I sat down and he proceeded to press a hot towel to my feet and then take it away several times. Then he put it over my kneecaps and that felt amazing because they got quite a workout today. I then got a very short but delightful leg massage and when all was said and done I hardly even felt like I hiked 1,000 + stairs today! So the moral of the story is this: if you want the cheapest, most delightful, authentic Chinese foot massage in the whole wide world, come visit me :)
Foot massage: Zú bù ànmó (足部按摩
I was searching Google for a random picture of "happy" to post for you guys and the caption was going to say "this is how I feel tonight"......but then I found this and decided it was a lot better:
 
You're welcome, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment