Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tonight, Tonight

Here are just some fun pictures I want to share from this evening. Enjoy!
I just thought it was a cool/artsy image of the setting sun with the Chinese flag blowing in the wind.

This was my dinner: steamed buns with beef and onions inside. They were okay, but not necessarily my first choice. Everything I kept asking for, the girl kept saying "mayo" (who knows if I'm spelling that right), but it basically means they don't have it, or they've run out of it for the time being. Bummer. Also, fun fact for all you "Chinese food" loving Americans: they don't really use soy sauce over here; most places give you vinegar to dip things in. Some give you soy sauce, but not many.

As I was walking home from Walmart, the trees along the road were all lit up like it was Christmas time. It was beautiful.

They changed colors too! This really made me smile.

Why yes, China, I think this is exactly what I would like for dessert tonight, thank you. Hahahahahaha. If you don't understand why I'm laughing, take a close look at the label. If you still don't understand, don't worry - there is somebody somewhere laughing for you. (because I could smell it, I knew it was banana bread, don't worry)

No comments:

Post a Comment