Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Boss Lady

As you all know, I recently moved to Wangjing and am working at the new center here. I have had an interesting time getting to know the area in the week that I've been here. I've also enjoyed getting to know my co-workers. Unlike the center I was working in, where only the "education staff" was in the office, at this center I share the office with the marketing consultants. I have enjoyed getting to know them - they're all incredibly nice people. My new boss, Echo, doesn't speak very much English and I have had a hard time really getting to know her, but the other girls in the office seem to like her and she seems pretty laid-back. I can tell she likes to laugh - that's something that has no language barrier :) Today she pointed to my desk drawer and motioned for me to open it, and when I did I found two magnets. She said they were a present for me, and asked me how to say it and I told her magnet. This made me smile. It's not like it was a big deal, but it was very sweet of her and I was touched. I think I like my new boss lady :)

The building on the left is Tian Tan, which is the Temple of Heaven, and the one on the right is the Forbidden City, which is the Imperial Palace. I think my fridge just got its first accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment