Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Comfort Food

Well, this week has started rather uneventfully (I now count Wednesday as the beginning of my weeks). I now know 3 ways to get to and from work, I can navigate myself around the work/home neighborhood fairly well, and I feel pretty confident about venturing out into the unknown. On Tuesday we went on a shopping trip to Carrefour and I was so excited to get some real, not filled, just plain old bread. As soon as we were out of the store, I gobbled down several slices....who knew bread would ever be my go-to comfort food! That night we all went out for Jill's going away dinner :(  we had duck! It was pretty good (I still prefer beef or chicken) but it was quite the experience.
Me and Jilly at her going away dinner!

These are called "waffle nuts"....delicious street food

This is the view looking up my staircase at work. Kinda cool eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment