Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Twos: Favorite

This morning I taught a twos class, which is the gym class for 2 year-olds. We don't run very many of these classes which is a real shame because in my opinion they are absolutely the most fun. By this age the kids are crazy and running around and almost always willing to interact with this crazy foreign instructor. In fact, it seems like some of them even like me! :)  It amazes me how well they follow directions and how well they know the routine. We have transition songs for going between activities, including a song we sing to bring their instruments back and they always know what to do without even understanding what I am saying. They are also experts at the parts of class that stay the same and are great with hand motions. Needless to say, I love this class. It's like crack for me, only without the nasty side effects and waaaaaaayyyyyy better haha. As though the class wasn't awesome enough, one of the little boys had his moment in the spotlight during the closing of class. We were singing a song and out of nowhere he runs into the room with absolutely nothing on except his shirt. No pants, no diaper. The pants monster got him good. Not only was he naked, but he wanted everyone to know about it, so he ran to the middle of the room and lifted up his shirt as though to say "Hey everybody, CHECK ME OUT!" Hahahahaha I was in the middle of singing and I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing and so did everyone else. Then, satisfied with the attention, he ran back out of the class. I found him later, still running around without pants and I asked him where his pants were (one of the girls translated for me) and he got this quizzical look on his face and thought about it for a second, and then just shrugged and went on playing. No shame, that's what I like to see. Haha, today has been a very fun adventure indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment