Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

798 Art District

Again, I'm behind. Woops. Well this past Tuesday Chelsie and I went to 798, which is the art district here in Beijing. It seemed to go on forever and there was such a variety of galleries and statues, I can't pick a favorite because I have several. One of my favorites had pictures of the big cities of China, all in rubble and seemingly destroyed. They were very emotional pieces and the artist was obviously very talented.
I also really enjoyed a gallery that had some text projected on the screen that discussed the artist's memories and had the artist choose a color and an object for each memory. The paintings of these memories were hung next to the projected text and it was very powerful. Most of the galleries were pretty small and the art was pretty good. Some was more "out there" than others, but I really just love art so it was all cool to see. What I was most surprised by was how many statues there were! There were so many random statues and sculptures that I can't even begin to describe the variety, so I will just let the pictures speak for themselves!
























No comments:

Post a Comment