Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Two of my least favorite things: Goodbyes and Haircuts

Sometimes getting close to people sucks. The very Queenie that I just wrote a post about left our company today, for reasons I'm choosing to not discuss. We all cried because everyone loves her and we're really going to miss her. And her little xiǎo gǒu, Doudou. She told Chelsie and me that (translated by Yogi) "we don't need to be able to talk because we just have a connection". Bye bye Queenie, wǒ ài nǐ (I love you).
Also, goodbye Doudou....we'll miss you and all the precious outfits Queenie dressed you in. Wǒ ài nǐ.
Hey guys look at me! I'm a BEE! 

There's a Doudou in my hood!


Now, on to the haircut. I haven't had one since I left for China in May and my hair badly needed a little trim to get the split ends off. I don't even like getting a haircut in America, let alone here in China where I can't communicate with anybody that I just want a TRIM. SO, the solution was to bring Herby with me so she could speak for me. I paid the equivalent of about $16 to get my hair cut by the best guy they had there. This turned out to be a good choice.....
Herby came up and said "do I need to take a picture for you?" haha she knows me so well
Feeling nervous....
This guy was definitely a big shot around this place. He had 2 other people just standing there, waiting to hand him a comb or blow dryer or scissors or a straightener. They watched his every move and if they were really lucky, even got to help. Well.....one of them got to help blow-dry my hair....haha
Veeeeerrrrrrry focused.
I very much appreciated their focus. I also appreciated that the styling was included in the haircut. In America, I never want to go out in public after I get a haircut - I have to go home and do my hair so I can look half-way decent. So I appreciated it when they got the straightener out and actually did my hair for me. This guy was pretty dedicated to getting my hair to look as straight as possible and flip under at the ends. It ended up fairly well, even though he cut it precisely to the "awkward length"....at least it'll grow back out by Christmas. Anyhoozle, I was happy that my Chinese haircut was a normal one....so happy in fact that I was inspired......
I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth







Then it was time for a yummy yummy lunch of beef noodles. I love these.





YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No comments:

Post a Comment