Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sleepy Tai Qi (Day 7)

Waking up to an alarm while on vacation is not my idea of fun. BUT....I figured if I was waking up to go do some Tai Qi (chi) it might be okay. Chelsie and I went up to the rooftop and had our own personal instructor teach us all about the movements and benefits of tai qi. The instructor kept joking with me about being sleepy because I was yawning about every 2 minutes. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but we got it eventually. It was a nice relaxing way to start the day, but I don't think I liked it enough to start doing it regularly. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not much of a wake up early in the morning kinda person, unless it's Christmas morning and I'm going downstairs to check my stocking. That I'm okay with. We didn't take any pictures of us doing tai qi, but if you wake up early enough and go to pretty much any park around Beijing, this is what you'll see:
After some breakfast it was time to pack up and get ready to head back to Beijing. Our plane ride was a lot better than the one going to Yangshuo. It took off on time and was uneventful except for a bit of turbulence. There was a little kid sitting about 5 seats in front of me and I played peek-a-boo with him for a minute. It was funny, the first few times I just did it and he watched me with that deer-in-headlights look on his face. Then his little head disappeared for a minute and then his eyeballs poked out and then his nose and then he giggled and hid back behind the seat. We proceeded to play this game for a few minutes until he lost interest. It was pretty cute though. Well, we landed back in Beijing, got back to our apartment, and watched a movie. Tuesday was a lazy morning, a 2 hour trip to the gym, and then some pizza for dinner. We're settling back into life here in Beijing and it's actually nice to be back "home". Now at work we're gearing up for our big Halloween event - if we stick to the plan Chelsie and I made up, it's gonna be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment