Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am in LOVE....

with the love that I'm getting from my babies! Now that I've been working at the Wangjing center for several months, most of the kiddos are used to me and will even give me some love.
Jocelyn
We have a really awesome family that is from Australia but the mom got a few months of maternity leave so they brought their baby girl, Jocelyn, to visit family here in China. This little baby is the most adorable, happy, smiley girl and I just love her. Yesterday I was holding her and she kept leaning her head towards mine. I thought this was cute and started leaning my head in so we bumped heads a couple times.....and then she decided my nose looked like a chew toy. She put her whole mouth over my nose several times and was laughing and grabbing my face. 
DouDou
I am also a big fan of my older kiddos, the 2-year-olds. By this age they're usually done being scared of me and will actively play with me. One of our first members is a little wild boy, DouDou (pronounced doe doe) who likes to run around the gym, shoot basketballs into the miniature basketball hoop, and who can throw the most amazing tantrum when he doesn't want to leave Romp n' Roll. Today when he was leaving I just happened to be walking by the door and when I asked for a hug, instead of pretending to be shy like he usually does, he practically ran up to me and gave me a great big bàobào. Then I even got a cheek-to-cheek kiss.....I think his dad told him to give me a kiss on the cheek, but who really knows. It was pretty cute and melted my heart a little.
XiaoXiao
There is another boy who wiggled his way into my heart - XiaoXiao (pronounced shaow shaow). He is absolutely adorable. At the beginning of class we ask the kiddos if they know where Rompy (our "special puppy-dog friend" stuffed animal) is hiding, and of course XiaoXiao always knows. Both of his parents speak English and he always comes to our book club that we have on Thursday afternoons. His favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and he knows that book by heart - in English! His mom told me that one night he didn't want to brush his teeth and she threatened that she was going to tell "Miss Theresa" (yep that's me) and he brushed them right away! Now he always comes up to me and shows me his teeth so I can check that they're beautiful and white! Haha. This week at book club I also learned that he can say my name! His dad kept asking XiaoXiao who I was and he finally said "Theresa Lǎoshī".....or something that sounded like my name haha. It was the most precious thing I've ever heard come out of a little Chinese baby's mouth! 
QiQi
There is one little boy who has stolen the heart of every girl in the office: QiQi (pronounced chee chee). He has the cutest little face and chubby little belly and is always happy and smiley and will laugh and giggle with anyone who stops to adore him. He is very well-loved at our center, but up until recently he has been very pretend-shy with me. I've been working my way into his heart though, and today I decided to take a chance and ask for a hug. He threw his arms around me and squeezed reeeeeeeeeeeally tight. Later he was pretending to chase me into the office so I hid behind a door and he came looking for me. I picked him up (heavy little booger) and he leaned his head on my shoulder and did that cute thing babies do where they play with your hair. I was pretty much in love.

I love love love that my favorite little ones are learning my name and giving me big hugs and loving Romp n' Roll. They are such precious little people and I'm having such an amazing opportunity to watch them grow and learn each week! Sorry about the lack of pictures in this post, I promise I will get pictures with all my kiddos soon!   

No comments:

Post a Comment