Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

798, round 2

This past weekend, Chelsie and I decided to head back to the art district, 798, once again since we haven't been since summer and they change the galleries frequently. It was like we saw a whole new place! The beautiful fall day was a perfect setting for some awesome pictures, and the weather was great! I have been very homesick for the past month or so, especially with the holidays rapidly approaching. I was feeling sad that I was missing all the Thanksgiving decorations and I was also thinking that I wouldn't see a Santa Claus until I got back to the states in December. BUT. I was wrong! There were several Santa statues around and I got very excited to see the big guy!










I love love
The art district is a very happenin' place. There is always something cool going on, and the day we went was a day full of couples taking engagement/wedding pictures. I briefly entertained the idea of coming back to China when it comes time for me to take such pictures. Or maybe I could just find a place like this somewhere in the states.....




















There's always lots and lots of random statues to be found.
You say "no climb", my brain says "go climb it!"

I love the fat man

What, exactly, is this statue about?
 Aside from statues, there are also lots of interesting paintings to be seen in the ever-changing exhibits, as well as new graffiti on every graffiti-able surface...


The couple that poops together....stays together.......?

Penguin soccer! 
In a nutshell, the art district is just a place full of cool spaces and very unique things.
It's like a cartoon wall!


Chair tunnel

I love the blue window frames with the red building, then the little gazebo....it was just too much for me

It's FALL!!!!!!

I want this to be my future mailbox. How precious.
I think that this is one of the top recommended places to come in Beijing for tourists, and it was fun to see other foreigners appreciating the coolness of this place.







Plus, anybody who knows me knows that I have a slight obsession with dogs. I just love them. I love my own dogs, I love my friends' dogs, and I love to pet the dogs of willing strangers. One of the few full sentences I know in Chinese is "can I pet your dog?" Like I said....just a slight obsession. Sadly, these Chinese dogs are trained since infancy to ignore everybody except their owner and thus I haven't met very many curious dogs wanting to be pet by me. This trip to the art district must have been fate then, because as we were walking back in an area that was under construction we saw a little puppy and from the moment we locked eyes, I just knew this little guy wanted me to pet him. He came bounding over, not shy at all, and was running in between my feet and licking my hands and just all sorts of happy to see me. This is what a dog should be like. I was in Heaven.
 (The size of this picture should clue you in to how excited I was in this moment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment