Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sharing stories all about my adventures in China, ranging from chopsticks training, food adventures, tourist-y journeys, roommate bonding, and many more to be sure! CAUTION: reading this blog may cause you to feel some or all of the following: jealousy, sympathy-related traveler's diarrhea, Theresa-sickness (a close kin to home-sickness), a surge for adventure, and Asian-baby love.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Brownie Party!!

As our time here in China is coming to an end, we find ourselves having to say lots of goodbyes. We decided to say goodbye to the staff here at Romp n' Roll the most American way possible: with food. We had been talking about brownies in the office and Malinda asked us what they were....so we decided they needed to experience them first-hand. Fridays at the center are pretty quiet so we had ample time to have a brownie party!


I never thought I would make brownies in a toaster oven....
Our cute little goodbye notes/brownies
Quote: "I can make anything classy"
Mmmmmmm brownies
 Also, as this is our last weekend in China we find ourselves having to say goodbye to many of our little kiddos.
DouDou: this little boy gives me lots of love every time he comes to class. He's the biggest kid we have here at Romp n' Roll and he's an expert at maneuvering around, over, and through all the equipment in the gym. His parents are also awesome, I just love that whole family! Last week I took a picture with DouDou and today his parents surprised me with that picture in a cute little frame and a note from them saying Merry Christmas and they will miss me. It made me cry.
Cheesin'

Love this family!
Then there's QiQi. He's the happiest little boy I've ever met. He is also a very snuggly little bugger and is always down for a hug. In class when I want the kids to watch me very closely I tell them to put their "Miss Theresa goggles" on and I make circles with my hands and put them up to my eyes - QiQi is one of the only kids who will do it by himself and it's absolutely adorable. He's the perfect combination of all things adorable in a child: happy, smiley, giggly, snuggly, and of course a little bit chubby. Such a babe.
Showing me his Rompy stamps
Our relationship started by playing peek-a-boo, and now it's his favorite game to play with me.

After we took about a zillion pictures his mom said (in Chinese) "do you want Miss Theresa to leave?" He shook his head no and wrapped his little arms around my neck. Once again, I cried. I'm really going to miss this bundle of sunshine.

A couple more cute boys:
Haha NiuNiu, what a cheeseball

Precious little GuoGuo. The first time we met he headbutted me haha.
Check back tomorrow for the rest of my fave babes! 2 days until we begin our journey back to America!

No comments:

Post a Comment